Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Little Mouse

My little mouse where do I begin? You turned 2 a couple weeks ago and I still find myself wondering where the time has gone? Even though you're 18 months younger than Logan people always stop me and ask if you two are twins. You're only 3 inches shorter than Logan and can wear his shirts now. You're definitely not a little mouse any more. You're strong and brave and want to do everything yourself. "Do it myself Mommy." is often heard around the house. The funny thing is that at 2 years of age you're doing way more than I ever thought 2 year old's could/should do. You're talking in complete sentences and ask questions constantly. It still amazes me how much you catch onto and so quickly.

The other two favorite boys in my life are definitely you're favorite people too. I don't think the work 'hero' can truly describe how you feel about your Dad. He is your whole world and so much more. Everything Daddy does you want to do. You're favorite toy is a skid loader because Daddy has one and gives you rides in it. I'll ask if you're ready to come in the house for dinner or bath and you usually answer, "No not et Mommy. Me workin' with Daddy." I see so much of your father in you, from the smallest shy smile to the quiet look of peace on your face when you're sleeping. I can't wait to watch you grow up and emulate your father and all that he encapsulates in life.

You're other favorite person is of course Logan. The two of you are always together and most times hard to separate. You recently started at a new daycare in town; the first day they put Logan downstairs with the big kids and you were upstairs with the younger kids. You did not like being separated from your brother like that at all! After that they decided it was better to just keep you together (plus you were moving downstairs in a few days anyway when you turned 2), but you still thought they would separate the two of you and decided after that that you didn't like daycare. You're doing much better now and actually told me the other day you did like it. Usually ANY thing Logan does or has you want. The two of you are just starting to literally physically fight with each other, but it usually is short lived and the next moment you're laughing and playing together. I know this is only the beginning of the fights I'll have to break up between you two. ;-)

I asked you a while ago what kind of birthday cake you wanted, at first you said a 'Santa' cake, but then you quickly changed your mind and asked for a 'Tractor' cake. Auntie Kim and I looked and looked for an 'easy' tractor cake to make and finally decided to do a cake with some tractors on it. I don't think it mattered that it was a cake with tractors on it verses a cake shaped like a tractor, you loved it anyway. You're standard answer to any one that asks you about your birthday is, "Me have a tractor birthday." In prep for your cake your Dad brought home all his old toy barns and tractors and fences from when he was a kid. You and Logan have been in Heaven the last few weeks playing with them. You're totally a farm kid right now! Cody Mouse how can I find the words to tell you how much you mean to me? How can I describe the feelings of pride and joy and awe I feel watching you grow and mature? You are one of the sweetest little boys I know, always quick with a kiss or hug when someone is feeling sad or crying. You NEVER like to see people upset. You are so incredibly cute and can melt my heart with just one look. And when you're sitting on your father's lap and the two of you look at me and give me the exact same shy smile I swear my world tilts and I know what pure happiness feels like.

  Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Uncle Dan letting Cody play with his new toys in the cake....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: