Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos: this can pretty much sum up things at the Ranch lately.  


January started off with our Daycare of 5 months closing.  For those of you that know us we're sort of daycare cursed.  Don't get me wrong we've had GREAT daycare providers, but we seem to be looking for a new Daycare provider every 8 - 9 months.  We only made it 5 months this time before our latest Daycare center closed.  As 'they' say though, everything happens for a reason and I think will end up being just fine.  The boys will start at Above All Beginnings in the fall (fore warning for all current families attending that Daycare center: once the Meyer's start there it might end up closing in 5 - 9 months).  Logan can do pre-K right at the Daycare center, so we won't have to find some one to drive him to and from pre-K each day.  They might even have room for the baby as well!  


That's right I said baby.  Almost everyone we know already knows, but we're expecting our third child in August of this year.  I'm currently 17 weeks along and finally feeling better.  This pregnancy has been a lot different from the first two.  Not sure if it's the fact that I'm over 30 with this pregnancy or what, but I was way more tired and sick than with the first two.  Some people like to tell me this one is different cause I'm finally having a girl; not sure the truth in that, but we'll find out in a few weeks.  March 27th is my ultrasound and we are going to be finding out the sex of the baby.  Logan and Cody are extremely excited about having a little brother or sister.  They've been super sweet about watching out for my belly and 'protecting' the baby.  They love to 'hunt monsters' and always end up saving my baby from the monster.  What does a Mom have to fear with these two strong Monster hunters around? 


Well I'll tell you one thing a Mom has to be afraid of, two boys that aren't afraid of anything.  These two are always ready for something new and exciting.  Just a few days ago, Brian was loading hay with Tyler down in the shed, the boys were down there with them playing outside in the nice weather while they worked.  They were down there for about 45 mins before Brian came up with both boys.  He opened the porch door and yells in, "a little help here".  I went out to see Logan's upper lip and chin covered in blood.  Apparently he went head first down the big dirty pile on his sled and couldn't dodge the 3 foot round ice ball at the bottom of the hill.  He ran right smack into it.  He was totally and completely fine; he wasn't even crying.  He was more concerned about what his face looked like, he went straight into the bathroom and jumped up on the counter to take a look.  After we got him cleaned up, he kept walking around the house all night going, "Mom I can't do this [as he opened his mouth really really wide]".  It was pretty funny. 


Brian also mention while they were down in the shed Cody was up on some hay bails about 6 feet in the air.  He looked right at Tyler and said, "I'm going to jump" and launched himself off the hay bails onto the floor of the shed before Tyler could even say anything.  He was totally fine as well, but man...these boys are not afraid of anything.  I'm waiting for the day that I'm in the house and Brian comes up from the shed with one kid having a broken arm or leg.  Boys will be boys I guess...and if you don't end up with a few scrapes and bruises can you say you really lived?  


Things are really starting to heat up at work for me.  March 31st is our target Launch date for the system we've been working on for over a year.  The next few weeks will be long days and late hours to get everything done.  Brian's been fantastic with the extra time needed at work especially since he's been just as busy.  But we make it work and enjoy our time together when we do get to see each other for 20 quiet mins in the morning maybe 3 days a week.  


We've got a very important date coming up too!  Logan's 4th birthday.  4 years already! Wow!  I'll post a birthday post to Logan as it gets closer to his birthday.  He requested a Hunting party this year with a gun cake.  No idea how I'm going to pull a gun cake off, but we're working on it. He's been very insistent that it be a rifle cake with a scope.  We shall see....


OK well hopefully it will be less than a month until my next post...but who am I kidding I suck at this so don't hold your breath.  


[Tee]

1 comment:

Nan said...

Congratulations!!!