Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Little Sis's Name and Nursery Revealed

I finally finished the Nursery last night, with the help of my amazing husband!!  Who has been so patient and kind lately dealing with a very pregnant, hot and uncomfortable woman.  I love you and can't thank you enough!!


We did also decided on a name for Little Sis.  I know this name was not one of the most popular ones on the Blog, but it's the one Brian and I both voted for, and well at the end of the day we're the ones that get to decide.  :-)  I really appreciate all the votes and comments though.  It was fun to see which names people liked.  The 'winner' however is, Brielle Marie Meyer.  The anticipation is mounting for her arrival.  


Here are the pics of the nursery.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  It's a 'little' over the top, and I'm not going to lie I got a little carried away, but it was SO fun!







I bought these letters and painted them the same colors as the ones on the wall.  Then added the ribbon to hang them.  


You can kind of see the 'mobile' pieces in this picture.  They were just wooden circles, then I bought some ribbon and wrapped it around the circles.  Then tied them together with some string.  Super, super easy and adds a little bit to the room.  Hopefully they don't fall on her in the middle of the night.  ;-)


You can see the little heart above the light switch.  That was Logan's idea.  When I was telling him about what we were going to be doing in Baby Sis' room, he said, "Mom I want to do a little heart for her, cause we love her."  How could I say no to that?  So we added a big heart with a little green heart next to it.  



This girl already has more clothes than both of the boys combined.  These are just the Newborn and 0-3 month clothes.  The dresser is full of clothes from 3 months to 24 months.  She's going to be so spoiled!



This 'Heaven Sent' took me a while to do.  It looks 'OK' from afar, but up close you can see that the paint sort of seeped at the edges a little.  I was going to redo it, but Brian said to leave it, that it looked cool.  So I left it for now...the jury is still out on how long I'll be able to leave it alone before I get annoyed and want to redo it.  


I feel so much better now that her room is done.  Not that she'll be sleeping in it right away; she'll be in our room for a month or more.  But it feels good to get that checked off the list.  


5 more weeks, 5 more LONG and HOT weeks.  That is if she doesn't just melt right out of me before that...here's hoping!  :-)


Also here's a few pictures of one of the finishing touches I added to the boys room.  Logan helped me paint the letters and Brian cut down the branches and helped me nail the letters onto them.  The whole family got involved in adding a little 'extra' to the boys room.  They were pretty excited when we finally hung them up over their beds.  







3 comments:

Jami Newman said...

One lucky little girl! Can't wait to meet her! You guys all did an amazing job!

Ashley said...

Love love love her room!!

Anonymous said...

It turned out awesome!!! I just love it!!! I love the name, I am glad you went with it! Nice job Tee, your little girl will certainly appreciate it. Love you Shutterbug :-)