Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer coming to a close

I can't believe summer is coming to a close already. This is Brian's last week home with Logan. Next week he's going into school on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to prep for the school year to start. Nicole will be watching Logan so it's really his first days at daycare. The summer just FLEW by! Brian had a list as long as my arm of things to finish up around the house, he's gotten more done in the last 4 days than he has all summer long. The upstairs is completely done now and Kim he even cleaned up and organized our scrapbook room! :-) He's planning on cranking out the rest of the house stuff before next week. Then the full swing of school will start and along with that the full time working Mom and Dad routine. :-(

Here are a few pictures of the Twins game on Saturday. Auntie gave Logan his first lollipop at the game. He really liked it.




As you can tell Logan gets very bored during the games and always manages to sneak in a nap!




It was a really good game and the Twins ended up winning in the 9th inning. Logan and I had to whip out the rally caps...




Sunday Kim and Great Grandma Steffen came over to help Nicole Brown and I learn how to make applesauce and freeze corn. Ben and Brian helped a lot too! It was a lot of fun. I meant to take pictures of us elbow deep in apples and corn, but forgot. I know it's totally 1938 to be excited about freezing corn and learning to can applesauce but I'm totally pumped about it. I think it's cool that we are taking advantage of the things we have, I'm not totally convinced that it's actually saving us any money (especially since it takes a lot more time to do those things) but it's fun and it's something we can do as a family. Plus there's a certain amount of satisfaction that comes with knowing you grew the food you're eating yourself.

Happy 5 Month Birthday Logan! Today Logan is 5 months old. It's hard for me to remember what our lives were like before Logan was born or how we really even survived without him. He fills our lives with such joy, excitement, adventure and happiness! Brian I wanted to say again how amazing you are! You're a wonderful father and the best husband a wife could ask for! I know Logan's already learned so much from you. He just lights up when you walk into the room, he loves you so much. I know he's going to want to do everything his daddy does and I can't wait to watch the two of you working in the yard or you teaching him everything you know. Here's a quick video of Logan and his daddy. And the picture after I took tonight. You can see we have a hard time getting Logan to stop moving. He's just constantly kicking his legs and waving his arms. But obviously he's happy and lovin' life at 5 months!



4 comments:

Tee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

why does my nephew have any pants when at the twins game? did mom and dad give you logan's present from New York? it's from me so he can remember where is auntie lives.

miss you guys, love ya

Christie

Tee said...

He was hot so I took his pants off...plus I think he spit up on them...he spit up on everything that night!

The Sherman's said...

awww. that video is CUTE! what a peanut! i miss him!! miss you guys too. i think it's sweet that you guys are kickin' it old school w/the food. nothin' like going full on organic, right? i cannot believe how blonde logan is. think of how cute the layla and logan babies will be! ;)
oh, and good luck next week w/daycare and the full time working parents thing. just like everything w/your 1st kid, it's one hell of an adjustment, but i haven't seen anything you guys haven't been able to handle yet, so i think you'll do great!