Monday, October 5, 2009

Cold season upon us!

Yup, the cold season is upon us. Cody has his first cold and Logan's got a runny nose as well. I just feel so bad for Cody; the poor little guy can't breath through his mouth yet, so he really just can't breath. Luckily he only really struggles at night. During the day he's fine, but at night when he's been laying flat he really struggles to breath. We're lucky though, it could be a lot worse. Cody's clogged tear duct has also seemed to clear up as well. His poor eye has been constantly gonked up, but for the last couple of days it's been really good. We've also learned that Cody really likes to sleep on his side or his stomach. As you can tell from the pictures. This is good cause we've figured out how to get him to sleep in his bassinet, but it's obviously not good because he's not suppose to sleep on his side or stomach when he's this little. He does have a really strong neck though, but I'm still very nervous when he sleeps.




Logan's doing well. Always asking to go for 4-wheeler rides. I don't think he's going to like winter and being stuck in doors very much. He loves to be outside doing stuff with Daddy. He just gets so excited when Brian comes home from work and takes him outside for a little bit. At least this winter we'll get him some boots and snow pants and he can go outside and play in the snow with Daddy. I bet he'll love that!

Here's a picture of me and Logie playing with his rings. He loves to put these rings on his arms and walk around. He'll also put them in a Tupperware bowl, then take them out and count them, then put them back in. It's funny to listen to him count cause his favorite numbers are 2 and 9, so it goes a little like this...2, 9, 2, 9, 2, 9...you get the pattern. :-)



As for Mom, I have my good days and my bad days. Some days I can't wait to get back to work and a normal routine for our family, but other days I'm so sad that I won't be able to hang out with my boys all day long. I'm also feeling a little trapped in the house some days. I try to get out of the house as much as I can, but there's just not much you can do with an 18 month old and a newborn. Oh well, nothing lasts forever and I know I should just enjoy the time I have with them now. Although I did feel like I hit a low spot this morning when I genuinely got excited about a new show on the Disney channel, Jungle Junction. I need some adult conversation...

No comments: