Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baptism Apples

Last weekend Brian and I took full advantage of the gorgeous weather and tried to spend as much time as we could outside. Saturday we knocked all the apples down that were still on our apple trees and picked them all up. I guess it's not good to leave the apples on the trees cause the bugs camp out in them for the winter instead of dieing. So with the good apples that were remaining we decided to make apple cider. Well Brian decided. I have to admit I wasn't really all that excited to make apple cider, I like it, but not really enough to go through all the work to crush the apples and stuff. Plus I thought it would be this huge mess and I had the house all clean and ready to go for Cody's baptism the next day and didn't want to get everything all sticky. But Brian was on a mission and really wanted to make apple cider. So Saturday night at 6 he starts crushing apples...turns out it didn't make that big of mess at all and the apple cider is really really good! He was done with everything and cleaned up by 9. I have to say I did not help make the cider, my only contribution was helping to pick up all the apples and even that I only started helping about halfway through. Logan on the other hand had a blast outside with Daddy picking up the apples and throwing them into the trailer. Although my Dad is not a huge fan of making apple cider. He was helping Brian crush the apples and his hand slipped off an apple and he sliced his thumb wide open. He's fine, but he's got a pretty nice size gash on his thumb.

Cody enjoying the nice fall weather!


Only the apples in the front of the trailer we used for the cider. The rest of them were bad and Brian's going to feed them to the deer.




Then Sunday was Cody's baptism. It was a perfect day and everything went great. Cody was good, he only cried during the actual baptism part and then slept through the rest of church. He was a little crabby during pictures afterward but only cause he was hungry. After that he did great! Logan on the other hand...he's been getting his 2-yr molars and hasn't been sleeping well at all! Won't go to sleep on his own any more, we have to sit with him until he falls asleep and has been a real bear when he's awake. I feel bad for him cause I know it's just because his teeth hurt, but it's sometimes hard to remember that when he's throwing a fit on the floor or screaming for no reason. Oh well as a wise friend of mine once said, when it comes to kids nothings permanent good or bad...

Mom and Cody Mouse


Auntie Jamie


Look how tired he is...poor bear...


The Godparents! Steven and Kim






Lastly here's a video of Logan giving Cody a ride in his John Deere. Logan thought that was the coolest thing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish i could have been there : ( lov u all!



P.S. SWEATER VEST!? LOL...steven

Tee said...

Hey all the boys wore them...well except for Brian and yes he did say it was my fault for not getting him a sweater vest to wear that matched the boys.