Tuesday, April 19, 2011

5K and Easter Egg Hunt

Last Saturday was the 5th annual Healthy Heart 5K. Brian and I did this 5K the first year they held it. We missed a few years in the middle due to having cute little babies and last year I made Sherri and Angie run it with me. But this year I made Brian run it with me instead. My Mom and Dad also ran with us. It was a family event! Brian's been trying to get into shape for our up-coming vacation and I think he figured doing this 5K would motivate him to actually train for it...but that didn't exactly happen. He got sick a couple weeks before the race and has been sick ever since. We went for a family run one night and he thought he was to die. So what do you think I do, the caring loving wife that I am? Nurse him back to health and baby him? No way in hell...I gave him shit every day telling him that I was going to beat him in the race. "Babe, I can't believe you're actually going to lose to me in a foot race...I mean come on!". "You better not run on Saturday, how embarrassed your going to be when a girl beats you!"

Well of course he ran the race and of course he beat me. But I knew he would. He'd NEVER let me beat him in a foot race. He has a hard time when I beat him in bowling...the only sport I stand a fighting chance against him. But I don't really care. I was only 30 sec behind him and he pushed me to run the fastest 5K I've ever ran. He got 8th of the men and I got 7th of the women. I was totally pumped! I'm so proud of my Dad too! He ran it in 28 min! Way to go old man! My mom did awesome too...I think she could have ran it faster if she didn't have an extra 30 pounds of clothes on. :-) She's a freeze baby, so she had an extra three layers on since it was snowing while we were running...boo!!

Special thanks to Kim for watching the boys while we ran and bringing them down to the school afterward.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the 5K there was an Easter Egg Hunt at one of the local churches. It was suppose to be outside, but due to the snow they had to move it inside...who would have thought snow on April 16th? The boys didn't really care if it was inside or outside (although Logan did say later in the day, "Mom, all the snow melted! It's summer out now! We can go hunt Easter eggs outside now!") they still had a blast. It was a rather quick hunt, but still fun!

On their way to the room with all the eggs...
Photobucket

Logan running to get the eggs in the window. He had been looking at them the whole time, just wanting to pick them up.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Logan figured out real quick that you could open them and that their was candy inside. Then he'd open every egg and try to shove the candy in his pockets. He didn't want anyone getting his candy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I need to say a HUGE thank you to my parents!! They changed their plans Saturday night to watch the boys for us so we could go to Peter's senior play. Thank you so much!! You're so wonderful and I'm so blessed to have you as my parents! The boys LOVE you and love spending time with you!!

No comments: