Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One Hell of a Ride!

Tonight my heart literally stopped beating...I'll start from the beginning....

Every night when we get home now Logan and Cody just beg and beg to go outside and drive the race-car (Logan) and ride the 4-wheeler (Cody). So tonight was no different. Brian had to do some things in the field so he took Cody with him on the tractor. Logan and I were hanging out at the clubhouse; he was driving his race-car around. He pulls up next to me and asks for some milk, so I say,
"Drive your race-car up to the house and we'll get you some milk. Then Mom's going to start supper."
He drives his race-car up to the house and we go in and grab some milk. I hand him the milk and say,
"I'm going to start supper. Be careful driving your race-car around."
So I'm making supper and literally 5 min later I hear a crash. I'm thinking to myself, "Huh...I hope that wasn't Logan going over the retaining wall with his race-car!" So I look out the window and sure as shit there's Logan's race-car upside down on the concrete at the bottom of the 5 ft retaining wall. My heart literally stopped beating and I bolted out the door just completely freaking out, thinking I'd find Logan bloody and mangled.

By the time I got outside, Logan was walking towards me crying, "Mom my race-car!". I grab him and start looking him over going, "Are you ok? Where are you hurt?" trying to find the broken bones I'm sure are just shattered. He's looking at me with a confused look going, "My race-car's broken. I broke my race-car!" The poor kid was upset that he broke his race-car and didn't even have a scratch on him! Not a single scratch or swelling or red mark to be found. Thank the Good Lord! But seriously?!?! Only BMeyer's child could drive his race-car off a 5 ft retaining wall and walk away complete unscratched. I think the whole thing did really scare him though. After I had turned the car over and put the battery back in, I told him to drive it again to see if it worked. He wouldn't get in it. The car is totally fine too, works like a champ still, but Logan won't drive it. I asked him why and he said, "'cause I don't want to go off the retaining wall again." :-) I'm not sure how long this trauma will last for him...I'm guessing not very long...but for the time being he's afraid to drive his race-car.

Below is a picture I took of Brian at his 30th Birthday party. He's leaning against the said retaining wall. This is the exact spot that Logan took his flying leap.

Holy Crap these boys are literally going to kill me...I think I took years off my life tonight. I just couldn't stop shaking afterward and I keep giggling too. I think I was just so happy that he was ok and sort of in shock that he was totally and completely fine...I just couldn't believe it...

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank heavens that he is alright. The good Lord was watching over him. It's a good thing that Cody was with dad because whatever Logan does - Cody wants to do.
Love ya all,
G'Ma

Tee said...

Love you too G'Ma!! :-)