Monday, April 21, 2008

First big trip was a success!










Well Logan survived his first trip away from home with flying colors! He did great! He slept the whole way there and pretty much the entire day Friday, which had mom worried he wouldn't sleep Friday night, but he slept great! Then Saturday we got up and went with Sherri to get her hair done and hung out at the church while they got ready and took pictures. He slept through the ceremony which was good and only really cried a couple times at the church. Then we went to the reception and I have to say Logan was the hit of the party. Everyone thought he was so cute and the bride's grandma just LOVED him. She was walking around showing him off to everyone, which was very funny since we didn't know a single person at the wedding except for Sherri. So Grandma was just showing off some stranger's kid...but it was cute! He slept great Saturday night again and then Sunday morning we headed home. There was a LOT of driving this weekend though. The wedding ceremony was in Sheldon, the reception was in Gilman which is a half hour from Sheldon and the hotel was in Thorp which is a half hour from Gilman and an hour from Sheldon, plus Thorp is two hours away from Osceola. But I think all the driving helped with Logan's sleeping a lot since he always sleeps in the car. Then Sunday after the two hour drive home we had two showers to go to, a baby shower for my friend Kristi and a bridal shower for my cousin's fiance. So more car seat time on Sunday...poor boy. I promised him we wouldn't go anywhere today so that he wouldn't have to go into the car seat. But tomorrow we're going to go visit my friends Kristin and Cory who had a baby boy on Sunday. Trenton James Thompson 7 lbs 8 oz 21 in long!! We're so excited!!

Daddy's weekend was good too. I will stand corrected Dad's softball team is 3-1 right now! Brian finished tiling the shower this weekend, so now all he has to do is grout it and we'll be able to use it! He said by this weekend it should be ready! How exciting!! He also worked outside on Sunday, see the pictures of him in the tree. He climbed up there to yank a bunch of vines out of the birch tree...hillbilly...




Auntie Christie, look at me in my Pooh outfit you bought me and the cute baby Uggs! Although I'm sorry but I didn't really like the baby Uggs. When mom put them on me they went almost to my knees and I would not bend my legs. Seriously he keep his legs as straight as possible while he had the Uggs on, once I took them off he was fine. So I'm sorry Chris, but at least we got one pictures with them on!


1 comment:

The Sherman's said...

Well, I'm relieved to hear the trip was a success!! What a champ, that little Logan!! So happy to hear it wasn't a disaster and you didn't sell him on the side of the road somewhere for a beer and a shot of dank whisky dude. Cute pics! Looks like a good time had by all!!