Saturday, April 26, 2008

Uncle Dan

Brian's cousin Brad came into town Friday night to turkey hunt with Brian and Dan on Saturday. Friday night they went to the bar for a little bit and this was the result...



He could wake the dead I think...

It's been a big week for Logan. Thursday he had his first babysitter. Mom and Dad had to meet with their financial adviser so Sherri watched Logan for about an hour. He was good for Sherri, but then again he loves Sherri. Thanks so much Shutterbug and it's kind of boring around here now that you've left.

Then on Friday mom started pumping for the first time and Logan got his first bottle. Pumping is going well, but I'm a little confused. Once I started pumping I realized that Logan was probably only eating about 2-2.5 oz at a time and that's why he's eating every two hours and sometimes less than every two hours. But we're working through it. He took the bottle great and hasn't gotten confused between the bottle and mom so that's good.

Then Saturday since I started pumping and had some milk in the fridge, Debbie and Mom went shopping for about 4 hours. It was the longest time I have been away from Logan since he was born. It was good for both of us, but Mom did miss him...as for Logan I don't think he even knew I was gone...but that's ok. It's nice that I'm pumping now cause Brian said he would start getting up with Logan sometimes during the weekends so that I can get some sleep. It will be weird to get more than two-three hours of sleep at a time. I'll probably wake up at the three hour mark anyways thinking that I need to feed him....on second though probably not...

Tonight is the first night of co-ed softball. It's only about 42 degrees outside so it's going to be cold. Logan is coming with Nicole Brown is going to watch him while mom and dad are playing. Mom said it was too cold to bring Logan, but dad said he'll be fine, so we'll see. We'll probably back the Explorer up to the game and see if Nicole wants to watch the game from the car. Then "brother" Connor could watch a dvd if he wanted...

Is the draft over yet...I'm so sick of watching draft coverage...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys too. It was different coming back home. Nice video of Dan, I was laughing through the whole thing. Typical Daniel. I'm glad the whole bottle thing is working out. It amazed me how well he took it. How did Logan's first softball game go? Did you guys win? I will see you tomorrow. Love Sherri

The Sherman's said...

Dano... I miss that kid!
Keep on pumpin' mama jugs. Sounds like you got some good tips from Nan... sweeet. See, I knew she'd know more than me... I'm not the one to be asking for milk jug advice... I thought breast feeding was more traumatic that child birth. And I'm talking BEFORE the epidural. ;)