Friday, September 4, 2009

Oscar Update

I had my 38 week appt. today. Things are going well. The doctor said Oscar's head is starting to get lower (which I could tell before I got there), so he thought maybe I might be dilated a centimeter or two...no such luck. He said, "Well things aren't progressing down here. I thought maybe they would be with the head getting lower, but it looks like you'll have to go the full 40 weeks." Which is not a big deal, since I'm not totally and completely uncomfortable yet. Sure I'd love to get rid of this huge beach ball for a belly and trade it in for an Oscar Meyer, but I guess I'll just have to wait a week and a half or so. Even though I know when Oscar's going to come. Baby's always come at the busiest or most inopportune time, which is of course next weekend during the Osceola Fair. It also happens to be the Wisconsin Bow Opener, so I'm sure I'll go into labor with Brian in a tree stand and not be able to get a hold of him. Or we'll be in Osceola and have to do the full 35 min drive to Stillwater and probably get stuck waiting for the bridge to go down. Oh well, as long as he comes and is healthy and happy I don't care!

No comments: