Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Standing...but no proof...yet

As I said in the last post Cody is standing more and more these days...I spent about an hour after work one night chasing him around with a camera to get it on video with no success. I did get a bunch of cute little videos of the boys though so I'll post those along with some updated pictures of the club house.

OK...I have no idea if this is socially acceptable or not, but it's what happens on the Ranch and to be honest I'm not sure what to do about it. Lately Logan has been "boom booming" things with the Wii shotgun I got for Brian. He knows not to "boom boom" people and the dogs, but likes to "boom boom" the sheep as well as the deer and duck mounts on the porch...again...no idea if it's sociably acceptable for a two year old to walk around with a toy shotgun and pretend to kill things...I'm going to guess it's probably not, but Logan also doesn't understand what "boom boom" actually means either. Yes that is my attempt to rationalize what my son is doing...I'll blame his father...that's obviously where he has learned this behavior... :-)




These next couple of videos are of the boys playing in their club house. In the first one you can hear Logan yelling at Tank to get out. I wonder where he learned that from? :-)


This one is the closest I got to a video of Cody standing. He does it for about 2.45 seconds in this video and I swear he's done it WAY longer than that before. Of course Logan shoving him out of the way in this video doesn't help either...




A few pictures of the Clubhouse progress. The spiral slide is on and the rock wall is built we just don't have the rocks to put on it yet. Also Brian was working on the inside, putting the sub-floor down and building the counter top and cabinets. I warned you this clubhouse would be way way over the top! The counter top and cabinets are not complete, they're just sitting on the floor. Brian didn't get a chance to finish them on Sunday.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pictures of Cody:
Photobucket

Pictures of Logan:
Photobucket

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I completely understand what you're saying about the "boom booming"....I did everything in my power to keep guns and such away from Connor, but in my attempt, he starting using everything and anything else he could find as a gun...a stick, a shoe, the remote, legos...it all became a gun. So then we just started teaching him about safety when it comes to guns (toy guns to be specific:). With the fathers our boys have, I believe there is no way to keep them from "boom booming", it's in their blood....even though I still try everything to minimize it:)

April said...

Hilarious! I bet he makes his daddy proud! I think it's adorable, especially the high 5 that came with it! And Cody, STOP growing so fast! I can't believe you're almost standing and walking! And, that clubhouse is one fancy place... it's starting to look like it's going to be nicer than our house!