Monday, May 17, 2010

Bus Races 2010...BMeyer back on top!

That's right folks Brian and the Osceola students are back on top of the bus racing world! Brian has been saying for a couple weeks now that this years bus was the fastest one they've ever had and I guess he was correct.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Logan LOVED the bus and thought it was so cool to pull the air horn...I bet the neighbors didn't think it was so cool when he blew it for about 10 min straight. :-)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Brian and the students did a great job with the shirts this year! Brian even ordered a special one for the mouse! We were all decked out in our Chieftain bus racing gear to cheer on Daddy!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Don't ask me why his pants are down...he took them off shortly after this and was chillin' in his bus shirt and diaper most of the day...guess he was hot...
Photobucket

This year we decided to go early and grill out/tail-gate before the races. It was a TON of fun! Logan had a blast playing in the dirt! I swear he brought half the dirt track home with him!
Photobucket

We played baseball
Photobucket

And dug in the sand
Photobucket

Eat hotdogs and hamburgers
Photobucket

Drooled on Auntie Nellie
Photobucket

Hung out with the coolest bus driver ever!
Photobucket

Chewed on a pork chop bone from Grandma Meyer and squeezed little bellies as they popped through our shirts! :-)
Photobucket

Got really really dirty...
Photobucket

And did I mention hanging out with the coolest bus driver and Dad ever!!
Photobucket

Here are a few pictures from the Professional race track photographer. Sherri took a bunch of pictures as well and I'll try to post more of them later.






BMeyer crossing the finish line to take home the checkered flag...yes he is in reverse...only BMeyer!






I wanted to keep the video short and to the point...while still including the exciting points of the feature race; however, my editing skills leave much to be desired so I'll apologize for that! Enjoy!

4 comments:

annismm said...

WOO WHOO!!!! I love the bus races! Way to go Meyer! Is that student who is giving Brian a high-five holding a Miller Lite?!?! haha...must be from Otown.

Hope to see you all this summer!

Shutterbug said...

Way to go BMeyer!!! You did a great job driving that bus in reverse. Bus races are always a ton of fun. Needless to say Tee and I did get confused at the end but we figured it out in no time right Tee...BMeyer on top of bus means he won!! :)
Good times... I didn't realize how dirty I was...jeez :)

April said...

Alright, and all I have to say about this is, "YOU GUYS NEED YOUR OWN REALITY TV SHOW." "The Meyer Ranch". I can be the narrater / writer and will provide various episode titles ("On this week's episode of 'The Meyer Ranch', BMeyer crosses the finish line going backwards - damn hillbilly.") Miss you guys!!!

Jennifer Egan "J-Diamond" said...

Is this for real?? It should be submitted to CNN.