Thursday, May 13, 2010

Normal Day

This saying is from the Enjoying the Small Things blog post and it couldn't be more true!!

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day, I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."

Things have been pretty ordinary around the Ranch lately. We've busy planting our garden, chopping wood, getting ready for sheep and pheasants and bus races. Brian got the pheasants on Tuesday. 41 in all, Logan wasn't sure what to think of them and didn't want to touch them, but he likes to talk about them. The sheep are scheduled to come in a couple weeks I think. We were suppose to get them last weekend, but it's been so wet and rainy they don't want to sheer them in this weather. Mother's day Brian finished splitting a bunch of wood and we stacked it behind the shed. I think we've got enough stored for next winter, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

This weekend is the 6th annual bus races...I think...maybe 7th annual I can't remember. It's suppose to be nice on Saturday, but I've learned to never trust that. The one year it was 85 degrees during the day and it dropped to 33 degrees by race time! We've all learned to pack winter jackets and blankets, hats and mittens. We're going to bring Logan this year. Not sure how he'll do, but I hope he enjoys it. I'm assuming he'll get rather bored after the first couple races, so I'll have other things packed for him to do until Brian races. I'll try to have video and picks up on Sunday or Monday sometime!

As for the boys, they're doing great. Cody's getting more teeth so he's got his never ending teething cold. Constant runny nose and drool! :-) They pictures he actually looks like a normal kid and not a slimy frog...
Photobucket

Photobucket


He's really crawling now and can zoom across the room in no time flat. He's pulling himself up on EVERYTHING and even climbed a few stairs the other day. The bad thing about this...Logan knows how to take the baby gates down. So now we've really got to watch Cody...and Logan for that matter. We were upstairs the other day and I had the baby gate across the stairway. Logan decided he wanted to go downstairs and took the gate down...of course Mom didn't know that and came out of Cody's room to find Logan downstairs and the gate laying on the floor...luckily Cody was with me at the time...but the crawling stage with Cody is going to be a lot more challenging than it was with Logan!
Photobucket

Cody's not as huge of a fan of hats as Logan was. He's coming around to them, but pulls them off quite a bit as well...he looks like an old farmer after a hard days work in this picture...
Photobucket

Logan's latest thing is to pull all the couch cushions off the couch and either sit or jump on the couch. It's kind of funny actually, he hops down the couch like a little rabbit and then usually jumps off onto the cushions on the floor. Cody likes it too cause he can climb up onto the couch with no cushions on it. The other night I told Logan to go pick out a book and I'd read him a story. He ran up to his room and came back with this big book...only he didn't want Mom to read to him, he wanted to read it himself. Too cute!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just a few more random shots and another video...Have a great weekend everyone!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: