Thursday, July 3, 2008

Rollin' Over

Lately Logan has been getting so close to rolling over from his back to his front. He loves to kick his legs up into the air and roll on his side. He also loves to push his feet into the floor and lift his butt up into the air and kind of scoot on the floor. If you leave him in one spot and go make dinner, you'll come back and he'll have moved about three feet from where you left him. If you put him on this stomach he gets up on his knees and looks like he's going to start crawling, but then just plops back down.

Last night I came home from work to find Brian kind of crabby and extremely frustrated with a number of things (i.e. the government, the car, not getting as much done as he wanted to that day.) Which was fine, I couldn't blame him for being frustrated with those things, they suck...what can you say. But then on one of his stomping trips from the house to the garage he turns to me and very nonchalantly says to me with a huge smile on his face, "Oh by the way, Logan can roll from his stomach to his back now. He did it twice this morning." What the ?!?!? You can not be super crabby and then just drop this bomb on me! I was so excited! and so sad at the same time. I spent all last night trying to get Logan to roll from his stomach to his back, but of course he wouldn't do it...little stinker...This workin' Mom thing is really the pits. Don't get me wrong I love my job, but if it means I can't see my sons first milestones count me out...oh wait...you can't count me out or we'd be livin' on the streets eating poached deer and rabbit for dinner...damn it!

Way to go Logan!!

1 comment:

The Sherman's said...

Shrek is peeved at the gov't? I mean, I can't say I'm surprised... aren't we all? I sure as hell am and won't touch that topic w/a ten foot pole for reasons which I'm sure you're well aware. Just wondering what dumb ass thing it was that the gov't did this time that ticked him off.
I hear you on the workin' mama thing. It's rough... don't worry though. You won't miss EVERY milestone. Hopefully Logan will do what Bean did and just hit three milestones all in one night! That is sweet (a little bittersweet I suppose but still great to see).
Happy 4th you guys!