Tuesday, December 23, 2008

'Tis the Season

'Tis the Season to be merry!

As you all know Logan loves to help me unload the dishwasher. Last week I had a wooden spoon in the dishwasher and he found it and pulled it out. Shortly afterward I find him here...underneath our bar stools in the kitchen. Just crawling back and forth as happy as can be. I wasn't sure if he was hiding under there so I wouldn't take his spoon away or if it was his fort and he was playing in it. Either way it was super cute to see him army crawl under the chairs. Boys will be Boys!




Logan's 9 month picture. I tried to get some better ones with the lights from the tree glowing, but they all turned out blurry.


Last weekend auntie Kim came over and helped bake cookies. We did a bunch of sugar cookies which turned out great! Very delicious! When we were frosting them Logan wanted to sit on my lap and help. Which actually wasn't too bad, he just sat there watching me...that is until I stopped frosting a cookie to talk to Kim and he tried to eat it out of my hand! See the picture below! It was super funny and we're lucky Kim got a picture of it. Little stinker!




Then on Sunday was my Mom's side family Christmas. It was really great to see everyone again. Every year Santa makes an appearance at the Christmas party so we had to take Logan's picture with Santa. He wasn't scared at all and was kind of confused by his beard.



Family photo by the Christmas tree.


Then on Sunday night Brian's aunt Sally and cousin Sarah came over to give Logan his Christmas present. He did OK opening it. He needed a little help from mom, but not much. Also aren't his pajamas's super cute! Thanks auntie Christie they keep me very warm!



Let's see other news...Saturday morning Logan found Brian's Screaming Hawk call (used to locate turkey's while turkey hunting). He loves it! I blew into it to show him how to use it and he about fell over laughing so hard. Then he figured out how to blow into it and laughs hysterically! It's so funny!



Last night auntie Kim took Logan for his third hair cut. He needed one bad! Jody gave him a candy cane while he was there. He liked it I guess, but he sure wasn't sleepy when we got home from bowling...the kid was on a sugar high! And Jody also gave me a hard time because I haven't posted that Logan is taking steps now. He's not walking fully, but will take a few steps between objects or people. The most steps he's taken so far is 4. He thinks its a game I think. If you have him walk between two people he'll take two steps and then just fall forward expecting/hoping for you to catch him. Then he laughs and laughs. He's so funny! And if you couldn't tell he's a very happy baby! We're so blessed to have him and I can't imagine our lives without him now!

Anyways I think that about sums it up for the happenings at the Ranch. My sister is coming home today from NY again. Tomorrow we start the Christmas festivities at Brian's mom's house with his family and then Christmas day with my family and then my dad's family. I'll try to post through the holidays, but if I don't have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

With Love,
The Meyer's

1 comment:

The Sherman's said...

oh, and p.s. the video of logan w/the duck call... awesome! layla is sitting on my lap laughing so hard because she loves logan's laugh!!!