Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Big Boy Car Seat

Logan's making the transition out of the infant car seat. He's just way to big for it and hates when you put him in it. Yesterday was his first day in the new car seat and he really liked it. He's getting so big way too fast....I keep telling him to slow down, but he's not listening! Yesterday he also got in another tooth. His top left lateral incisor, so he's up to 5 teeth now. His top right front tooth is coming in soon as well.

The Meyer boys hunting season ended up a success even after the opening weekend defeat. They got 7 deer total and every one (Mikey, Dan, Brian and even Peter) got at least one. This weekend they'll be cutting them up and cleaning them. This weekend Kim and I are heading to a scrapbooking retreat so we'll miss out on all the butchering action....we're bummed let me tell you. :-) But I'm very excited to get away for a little bit and excited to "catch up" on my scrapbooking.

As for holiday shopping I've only got 4 people left! Yippie! I ordered most of the gifts directly from amazon.com and took advantage of the free shipping. I'm not a huge fan of the crowds at the stores and I knew what I wanted to get everyone so it was easy! Tonight we're going to put up the Christmas tree. There's a blue spruce tree in our woods that was knocked over this summer when the tornado came through so we're going to use that as our Christmas tree this year. I'm excited we're all going to get bundled up and head out to the woods and cut it down. Logan I'm sure won't really care, but when he's older I bet he'll love it. There are a couple other trees that are the perfect Christmas tree size in our woods so we've got trees for the next couple years. And for every tree we take out we're going to plant another one...well actually Brian wants to plan about 100 or more trees this summer...something about deer habitat...all I know is we'll have Christmas trees for sure!

Only 22 days til Christmas!

No comments: