Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Twinsfest 2009

Before I get to Twinsfest here's a video of Logan eating ice cream with Brian. It's so funny. He does his fake laugh in the video too. Do you see now why we can't go a single day without laughing with him around. I do realize the video is kind of dark, but it was 8 p.m. and I didn't feel like turning on the lights...sorry.



Last Saturday was Twinsfest at the Metrodome. It was a lot of fun. The players are there signing autographs and taking pictures. There are games you can play, food, cool memorabilia to look at and they had a big display of the new stadium that will be done in 2010. I brought Logan with not really knowing what to expect and in hindsight it wasn't the best idea I've ever had, but it wasn't the worst either. He's just at the point now where he wants to get down and walk all the time and it wasn't really a great place for him to walk around. But he did really well. The funny thing was every time we would get up to the front to get the actual autographs from the players he would fall asleep. We were waiting in line for the first set of autographs which was Mike Redmond, Denard Span, and Nick Blackburn and he fell asleep about 5 mins before we made it to the front. So when we got up there I jokingly asked Blackburn if he wanted to sign my baby's head, just to see what he would say and Denard Span pipes up right away, "I will. No seriously I will. Do you want me to?" I just started laughing and said no, I didn't want to have to fight with Logan to scrub with one of those 3M yellow and green scrubbers to get the autograph off, but it was pretty funny. Then when we were getting the second set of autographs Logan fell asleep about 30 mins before we got to the front. This time it was Nick Punto, Brenden Harris, and Matt Gerrier signing autographs. I asked Brenden Harris if he wanted to sign my kids head like Span did and he's goes, "No he didn't." "I'm like, he really wanted too." "No way, let me see he says." I had to explain that the good mother I am wouldn't allow it, but I think he was a little disappointed that Span didn't sign his head. All-in-all a great day, despite the fridge sub-zero temperatures we had to endure while running from the car to the dome and back. Here are a few pics....

The whole gang.


Mom and Logan


The first set of autographs. Left to right, Mike Redmond, Denard Span, Nick Blackburn.


Span...the one who wanted to sign Logan's head.


Gomez. We didn't get his autograph, but Sherri got a good picture.


Logan sleeping....again....


Punto. Punto was molested by some drunk lady in the picture line. I guess it was pretty funny.


Matt Gerrier


Brenden Harris


Us and Blackburn

1 comment:

The Sherman's said...

Blackburn, Gomez, Punto and Harris. Those are the one I'D molest. Yumm.

Video of Logan is the bomb. He's too cute.