Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Border Battle Buddies

Saturday was the second game in the Twins Brewers series and Kim organized a Border Battle Buddies party. There were 33 of us that went to the game and it was almost a 50/50 split between Brewers fans and Twins fans, although I am sad to report I think there were more Brewers fans then Twins fans. It was a blast though! Kim and I had made a sign for my brother Mitchell since he wasn't able to attend (see below), and then I had a co-worker help put together the Border Battle Buddies sign (see below).




Our goal was to have Bert Blyleven circle us. Bert does the analysis for the Twins and each game circles fans that have signs. This year a certain fan is picked to get circled and then gets $100 in scratch off lottery tickets. We wanted to win the scratch offs, but settled for getting circled. And it didn't take long into the game to get circled. We were circle before the game even started. See the video clip below. Sorry it's kind of a bad clip, I DVRd the game and then had to take a video of the DVRd game with my camera, but you get the point.

[Youtube yelled at me for infringing on the Twins copyrights...sorry the videos gone....]



Then Kim had requested a Twins-o-gram for my brother as well. (See the picture below.) So that was really cool and up on the big screen.



Then a lady next to us won the Bauchman's flowers of the game, so the camera guy was close to us. Steven started talking to him and the next break they did the Kiss-cam on the big screen and Brian and I got on that. I know the picture is hard to tell that it's be and Brian, but take my word for it it is.



The Twins ended up winning 6 - 2 and ended up sweeping the Brewers in the series. Sorry Brewers fans, but GO TWINS!

Some other pictures from the afternoon and the game.

Uncle Steven and Logie


Just un-rolled the "Circle Us Bert" sign


Steven and Crystal held up the other sign for Mitchell the entire game.


Logie enjoying the remains of a beer on Uncle Dan's lap.


After the beer....


The rest of the weekend was just relaxing and working around the ranch. Nothing major. I am pretty excited though, I got some hanging flower baskets for the front of the house and they look awesome! I'll try to take some pictures and post them on the blog. Everything is up in the garden, so that's looking great even though we've had no rain all spring. The only thing we've lost so far was the homemade pickle plants. Two of them are still hanging on, but I don't give them much longer....oh well, we'll either plant more or just pick the other cucumbers when they're smaller.

Hump day tomorrow already!! Gotta love the short work weeks!

Oh and that reminds me...Many thanks to all the American service men and women that have served or are currently serving in the armed forces. We depend on you, believe in you, and need you more than you know! Thank you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

THANK you all SOOOOOOOO much for what you guys did at the game for me!! : ) it means more than you know!

Thank you Kim for Twin's gumbotron writing...I REALLY LOVED IT!! : )

thanks again everyone!

Hitch'l

Shutterbug said...

You are so welcome. You fully deserved the recognition. MISS YOU!!! Be careful over there.

I still can't believe we got circled before the game even started. That's awesome, but then again how can you not see us with that huge sign...lol

Unknown said...

Your welcome Mitchell, I'm glad you liked it. Your the one we should be thanking though! Stay safe over there, love you!