Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Subs So Fast You'll Freak

I never knew how true that statement was until I went to Jimmy Johns today.

I walked in and they immediately start yelling at you, "Heeyo" which is weird and uncomfortable since then everyone in the restaurant looks up from their subs to see who just walked in the door. But I walk to the counter, trying to ignore the 15 pairs of eyes on me and the sub girl, not the cashier, but the sub girl next to him immediately grabs the sub bread, cuts it open, rips out the inside of the bread and violently hurls it into the trash next to her, all before I can even say, "I'd like a #3 with no sprouts and can I please have the inside of my bread." Both the cashier and the sub girl stop and look at me as though I just spoke Mandarin Chinese to them. Then the sub girl begins to glare at me because I've disrupted her super speedy process of throwing subs together before people can even say what they really want on them, but she proceeds to grab the next piece of sub bread, again cutting it open and literally ripping out the inside of the bread and angrily throws it on the counter next to my sub which has moved on to the next sub maker in this super fast sub assembly line. If it wasn't for the fact that I could see everything they were doing with my sub I fully expected to get a large lugi in my freaky fast sub.

But can someone please tell me what the point is of cutting open the bread, ripping out the soft, moist, most delicious part of the bread and chucking it into the trash, leaving behind a crusty, hard shell of a sandwich? Why? How much money is Jimmy John's wasting each year to bake the inside of their bread only to throw it away as soon as someone even waves in the direction of their restaurant? I don't understand it. Find a way to bake the bread without the inside, or just bake flat bread, or even better, leave the soft, most delicious part of my sandwich alone! Or at least don't look at me as though I've just pushed your Grandma in a snow bank when I ask for the inside of my bread. Damn it!

5 comments:

The Rymans said...

You just totally made me crack up. Too funny, and I completely agree with you!

Tee said...

Thanks Kristi, I didn't know if it was my pregnant hormones getting to me or if my reaction was normal. I'm glad I'm normal....or at least as normal as you... :-)

Mike and Deb said...

That is why I stick with Erbert's and Gerbert's! They leave the "insides" for you to dip in soup or eat just plain. And they advertise it on their wrapper too. I love the guts. It is the best part!

Tee said...

So wish there was an Erbert's and Gerbert's by 3M!! Love them!

The Sherman's said...

holy shit! i almost pissed myself when i read this!! i guess i never noticed that because every time i get jimmy john's i'm hammered and don't know the difference. they probably could throw a hot slimy lugi into my sub and i wouldn't know the diff. reason #2,893 that i love you... you told the sub bitch that you wanted the inside of your bread.