Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow mom's out there. Here's a cute video a co-worker sent me...



My mother's day was just about perfect. Brian got me a KitchenAid mixer that I've been drooling over for about two years now. I was very excited! Then we spent the day in the garden, which was exactly what I wanted to do. I was so excited to get seeds in the ground and play in the dirt! Logan had a blast as well! He only ate a huge clump of dirt twice. It was so hilarious watching him try to spit all the dirt out of his mouth...heheheh...it's a good thing we've just got good old fashion little boy eating dirt on the ranch, no chemicals or anything! This year we've planted, potatoes, peas, greed beans, onions, lettuce, carrots, beets, cucumbers, watermelon, corn, and pumpkins. We've still got our strawberries and raspberries growing from last year and still have to plant the green peppers, tomatoes and pickles. I can't wait until we go out to the garden and see those first few little greed buds sticking up out of the ground! It's such a great feeling! So yes my mother's day was just about perfect...the only thing that could have made it better was having little Oscar here with us....but he has to bake longer...not quite ready yet.

Saturday was my Dad's 50th Surprise birthday party. He had no idea and was so surprised! I'll try to get some pictures and post them soon. Thanks to everyone that came and/or made food. I know he had a really great time and really appreciated it. Although he was feeling the full 50 years on Sunday morning....those dang Jag bombs can do that to you... :-)

Monday May 11th....Week 22...only 18 more until Oscar is here...we're on the down slope

No comments: