Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Birthday

Yesterday was my 29th birthday...one more year before I start the climb to over the hill! This past weekend my good friend April and I took a trip to the windy city. Since she lives in Milwaukee it's only an hour train ride to Chicago for her and I found a really good deal on airfare for me. We stayed at a great place and it was a very much needed vacation for both of us. It was a birthday celebration, but really it was a "We survived hunting 2009" celebration. We went out with a friend of Aprils on Friday night and then Saturday shopped and went out to dinner. It was a ton of fun and something we'll definitely do again! Thanks so much April! It was so great to see you and get to catch up!



Yesterday on my actual birthday, Brian was suppose to bowl for Dan since he's in Idaho, but surprised me by not bowling and taking me and the boys out to dinner. It was a lot of fun and it's always nice not to have to cook on your birthday! He also got me a bottle of wine and some flowers! It was perfect! I love you babe!



Yesterday we also had our little mouse's 4 month appt. I can't believe he's already 4 months old! He's growing perfectly, right where he should be for height and weight and the doctor said he's very alert and curious which is a good thing! My parents watched the boys this weekend while I was in Chi town and Brian had a wrestling tournament (Thank you very much by the way!). My Dad hit the nail on the head when I talked to him yesterday, he said, "Cody was so great. He just sat and smiled the whole day, didn't cry or whine once the entire day." He has a cold right now so the nights are a bit of a struggle cause the poor kid can't breath, but when he's healthy he's so happy...and even when he's not healthy he's happy during the day! We're so blessed to have him in our lives! (And Logie too! :-) )

1 comment:

The Sherman's said...

Blog layout looks great (haven't seen it in a while)! So great that Bmeyer surprised you. Sounds like you had a fab bday! I'm happy to hear it! Now, I'm going to steal the pic of us and post it on my blog. And then I'll be good until Feb when I'll have to update it again. ;) Kidding. I promise I'll get better.