Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Deer Hunting Challenge

Conversation between Brian and I last night on the way home from bowling...

Brian: I'm so frustrated with the weather and bow hunting! I NEED to get a buck!
Theresa: Why because your family needs more meat?
Brian: No. If you want more meat, babe, I could get a doe any time I want.
Theresa: Really? You're very cocky, if only we could all be so confident. We do need more meat if we're going to make it to next deer hunting season.
Brian: Babe, seriously, you pick the day and I'll get a doe for you.
Theresa: Ok, Sunday Nov. 9th.
Brian: Ok. [after a min. pause] Wait, I'm not shooting a doe in the middle of the rut.
Theresa: Awha, I knew you couldn't do it.
Brian: I'm not saying that, I just don't want to do it in the middle of the rut.
Theresa: Fine, then the Wednesday of gun season. Nov. 26th.
Brian: Deal. Haha, that's not even a challenge, I get to use my rifle. Hell, I'll even get you two does that day.
Theresa: Ok, let's put a little wager on this.
Brian: Deal, loser has to buy dinner and a date night.
Theresa: Deal two does on Nov. 26th! Not before, but ON Nov. 26th. [hand shake]

Just wanted to let everyone know how confident my husband is in his hunting abilities this year. Also so I can brag when I win! The funny part is either way I win. I either get more meat in my freezer and don't have to buy it AND get to spend a night with my husband (even though I have to buy, but it will be worth it) or I just get a night with my husband and he gets to buy!

Oh and I can't tell you how excited I am it's election day! Not for the reasons you think, but so the cut-throat smear campaign between Norm Coleman and Al Franken has finally come to an end! Thank GOD!

7 comments:

The Sherman's said...

I thought it was called the "rut"? I hope you win Tee, but you know BMeyer always wins any contest he's ever been involved in, in his entire life. Don't ya?

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the money for a "date night" come from the same checking account?

Tee said...

Thanks for the "rut" vs "runt" Apes. I know BMeyer wins any contest he's ever been in, but I win either way cause than I don't have to buy meat! And anonymous no the money doesn't come out of the same checking account, we have separates ones with a joint account used to pay for the joint bills every month. So he or I will have to use our "extra" money for the month to buy dinner/date.

The Sherman's said...

who the hell is this anonymous person? kelly (my kelly, not dan's kelly)? gobbz? the only peeps that have the balls to post anonymous are ones that post to our blog. sorry tee... seems that i may be leaking our followers onto your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Jeppers peps It's just me...Hitch'l




I am just jokin with ya!

Tee said...

Hitchell you goof ball...

The Sherman's said...

awe... hitch'l. Everytime I think of you, I'll think of Aladin dude. You crack me up!