Monday, November 24, 2008

Deer Opener Defeat

The Deer Opener this year was +1 for the deer. The Meyer boys didn't have great success. Mikey got a doe opening morning (practically standing in our shed) but other than that nothing. Brian's really struggling with the fact that he's not seeing any deer. He's put so much time and effort into scouting and preparing and not seeing anything is frustrating him. I can't really blame him. I wouldn't want to put in all the time and energy into hunting including sitting in a tree stand freezing my butt off and not see anything. Which is why I've decided to stop hunting for a while. I haven't really hunted for a couple years anyways, but now I'm going to stop pretending that I will get out of bed at 5:00 a.m. and go sit in the cold. I started hunting mostly to hang out with my Dad and spend time with him, but the last couple of years we've been so busy and my Dad hunts up north now so it's just become one of those things that makes me feel guilty. Kind of like working out, dieting, or even blogging for some people. You feel like you should be doing it, but when you think about actually doing it you just don't feel like it or want to which makes you feel guilty. Sometime the best thing to do in these situations is just admit that you're not going to do it anymore and be done with it. Why add more stress to our lives than we need to right? Anyways, I've hung up my blaze orange and camo for the time being. I might start again when Logan is old enough to hunt. But only time will tell.

Saturday night we went to a wine tasting, which unfortunately wasn't as good as last years wine tasting, but still a good time. Then we headed to Sue's (formerly known as Sister's) for the annual Deer Hunting Opener party. They had karaoke so of course I was in heaven! I finally got to sing karaoke to my favorite song, "All I Want To Do" by Sugarland. And of course I had to sing "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey for my good friend Jody! As you can about imagine she really had to twist my arm. :-) Shutterbug was in full swing at Sue's so I'll try to steal some pictures from her and post soon. Cheddar babysat for us and did a fantastic job! Thank you so much Heather! We love you!

Very excited it's a short week of work and that Thursday is Thanksgiving! My sister is coming home from NYC on Wednesday! We're very excited for this. She hasn't been home since May and we can't wait to see her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that some people aren't very happy with your hunting decisions!

mitch

Tee said...

Sorry to disappoint little brother.