Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I'll start off by saying that on Wednesday Brian did not get two deer and therefore owes me a date. Although I might have blown it already. He came int he house at 5:15 and told me he didn't get any deer that day. I responded with a joyous, "I WIN!" and he quickly changed the subject by saying, "Do you want to bowl in a 9-pin no tap tournament tonight at 6? We need to be there by 5:30." Nothing like waiting until the last minute. But I said sure, so we headed to the bowling alley. It was fun, but Brian paid for me to enter and I'm worried that he's thinking that's the date. While it was fun I'd like to do something a little different than drinking beer with friends in a smoke filled bowling alley. Although Brian did get 3rd place in the tournament. He bowled a 297 his third game...he choked on the last ball...too much pressure maybe?

I hope everyone got their fill of turkey and mash potatoes yesterday! We sure did over at Grandpa and Grandma Steffen's house. Logan just kept eating and eating. He really likes jello and cool whip...thanks Grandma. :-) It was a very relaxing day hanging out with the family. Logan and I headed over to my mom and dad's house at about 9. I called Brian at about 9:45 and asked him to bring something we forgot. He was just heading into the house from the tree stand and sounded very disappointed that he still hadn't seen anything. Then about 10 minutes later he calls me back. "I just shot a 10-pointer!" He was walking across the field and was probably 100 yards from our house when this deer came bolting our of our woods at full tilt. He had to wait until it cleared the house before he could shoot it and he shot it at full throttle! Yeah! He felt a lot better after that. It's a smaller 10-pointer, but still a nice deer. Nice job babe!

The rest of the weekend we don't have a lot planned. Saturday night we're going to the movies. I might take Logan with me, I'm still not sure yet. Maybe if I stood in the back and was able to stand up with him....I don't know...we'll see...

Here's a few pics from yesterday.

Passed out with a turkey hangover...



Guys playing cards...while


the girls chat in the kitchen


Auntie Christie and Logan...note the Cool Whip on his lips...


Pies


Mom and Me


My brother Mitchell brought his and Jamie's cat home for the weekend. Logan LOVED Moose! He would chase him around the house trying to pet him. Moose didn't like Logan. Logan punched him in the eye and pulled his hair. I can't blame Moose for not liking him. But it was so cute to see Logan get excited every time Moose came around.

No comments: