Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Logan!

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY MY WONDERFUL ADORABLE SON!!


March 19th, 2008


March 19th, 2009



One year ago today (actually at this exact time last year) I was driving to a prenatal massage appointment to help initiate labor....little did I know I was already in labor! :-)

Every day for the last year you've filled our lives with satisfaction and joy! Countless times I've been upset, sad or mad and one look at your beautiful infant face and it all just melts away. You're enthusiasm for life shows in everything you do, you're happy and playful and energetic; constantly on the go, looking for new things to discover. You make Mom and Dad laugh everyday, even if it's laughing at you throwing a temper-tantrum at 1 years of age. You're definitely stubborn and get mad when you're not able to do something, like carry all 4 of your puzzles and your teddy bear at the same time or if the big cup won't fit in the small cup like you want. But I can already tell you're going to be determined, hardworking and a people person. You're not afraid of strangers and run up to anyone that looks interesting just to say hi. I've seen you light up so many strangers faces just by walking up to them and giving them you're wide smile, making their day I'm sure!

Other activities you love to do...be naked! You get so excited when you're naked, running around like finally I'm free! You love the water! No one is allowed to take a shower in the house unless Logan gets to take one with them. You walk right over and open up the shower door, with the hopeful look on your face, saying, "can I come in?" Even after the shower you walk back over to the door, open it and try to climb in hoping there's some level of water left to play in (hence the water stains on his clothes in the pictures :-) ) You love your doggies. When they're in the house you love to watch them play and eat and when they're outside you'll go to the window and look for them. You'll pound you're little fist on the window and yell, just like Mom and Dad do when they're looking for the dogs, it's so cute!

I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "You look just like your dad." "You look just like your mom", "You look just like Uncle Steven/Uncle Mitchell/Grandpa Steffen" But if you ask me you just look like my little Logie Bear, the perfect combination of your father and I. I love you so much and the only thing that makes me sad on this day is to realize how quickly time is getting away from us and how quickly you'll grow. Thank you for making your father and I so incredible happy and I promise to do the same for you. Love you and Happy Birthday!

P.S. You can finally play with the sand buckets and shovels you've been dieing to play with for the last week and a half! :-)

3 comments:

Mitch & Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Logan!!!....WOW I can't believe he's 1 already today its been a year. Time sure has flown by. This was a cute message..even made me tear up.
I still remember the first time we saw him at the hospital...he has so tiny...and has grown so much since then into a cute lil boy. Talking and getting into things just like all the lil ones do. I can't wait to see you all Saturday. I am excited for the next Meyer child...can't wait to see what he/she is going to look like and see Logan and his lil sibling interact.
Love Jamie

Tee said...

Hi Jamie! Can't wait to see you this weekend too! I'm so glad you're coming!

Love Tee

The Sherman's said...

Happy Bday Logie Bear! We'll see you in a few weeks!