Monday, March 23, 2009

Logan's First Birthday Party

Logan's birthday party was a huge success! I was nervous because the night before he was running a 103 temp due to his molars coming through. He was really tired all day, but still happy. He just loves having a lot of people around, it really energizes him and he doesn't want to miss any of the action...very similar to his uncle Dan! :-) There was no way he was going to take a nap during the party so we put him down before the party started and thankfully it was super nice out so we went for a walk and he slept on that as well.

Uncle Mitchell and Auntie Christie we missed you at the party! I've tried to get a good representation of pictures and videos so you can feel like you were there.


Logan playing with his birthday cups! Mom went a little overboard with the decorations :-)


Birthday boy looking at his doggies outside. See how tired he looks already...and the party hadn't even started yet. Poor guy.


We had the party out on the porch. It was a beautiful day and I love the porch because there's more then enough room for everyone!


Logan and his new hat from Uncle Mitchell and Jamie! It was a little big for him now, but he'll grow into it soon enough! Thank you! :-)








This was the gift of the day for sure! Uncle Dan and Kelly got Logan this Cozy Cruiser and he LOVED it! As you can tell by the smile on his face in this picture! He would not get out of it.


This was Logan's cake! And yes I did make it myself! I was so proud of this cake you have no idea. For those of you that know me, I'm not the greatest cook/baker, but I was bound and determined to make an awesome cake for Logan's birthday! It took a while to make, but it was worth it! Of course Logan could care less if he had an awesome cake or not, but I care...plus now I've got one under my belt the next one should be better...maybe... :-)




As you can see Logan wasn't very impressed with his cake. He was so tired and just didn't want to eat anything due to his teeth coming through. He eat some later that night with me, but just didn't want any right that instant. Poor kid.


As I said earlier it was so nice out that day that a bunch of us went for a couple walks later in the afternoon. The first walk Logan slept through, but the second walk he was awake. I let him out of the stroller to walk around for a little bit and he loved it! He loves picking up rocks and playing in the dirty....total boy!! :-)


Ok, here are some random pictures that Sherri took. This one is hilarious! Told you he loves being naked!


My little man! Looking for the doggies outside!

1 comment:

The Sherman's said...

That's okay Logie... Layla didn't want a thing to do w/her cake either. Same thing happened the nite before her party... she was running a high fever and suuuper tired the day of the party. Figures, right?
The cake you made was money Tee, and, your dad's shirt is the bee's knees. So cute to see Grandma Steffen and Grandma Meyer front and center taking pics of Logan's every move!