Friday, April 17, 2009

Tee Travel Agency

We leave tomorrow for Albuquerque NM to see my brother Mitchell before he leaves for over seas. Our flight leaves at 9:30 am....or so I thought...I logged on to NWA.com to checkin for our flight and change our seat assignments to see if we could get seats closer to the front of the plane (I hate siting on the plane after we've landed). But when I logged on this morning to checkin, it said "Cannot checkin until 24 hours before your flight departs." What? Our flight leaves at 9:30 am tomorrow, that's less then 24 hours away...yes 9:30 am is within 24 hours...9:30 pm is not, and 9:30 pm is when our flight leaves.

I'm SO FRUSTRATED!!!! I never do things like this! I'm normally so on the ball and am great at booking things like this and planning trips, etc. I have no other excuse except "Placenta Brain". How many times can I claim placenta brain before I've used up my quote for this pregnancy? Anyways, I started calling my family to let them know that our flight time was wrong and that I'm a moron. It really wasn't a big deal except that my parents were suppose to drive to El Paso to pick up my brother as soon as we got off the plane. So we immediately called my brother Steven and sister who were flying in from Milwaukee and New York respectively to see if they could rent the car and go pick Mitchell up. Luckily they were able to do that, but still already the trip isn't going as planned.

I'm mostly over it now, except for two things. One, there goes my life long goal of becoming a travel agent! :-) And two, if I've messed this up without knowing it, what else have I messed up that I don't know about yet?!!?!?!?

3 comments:

JacobQSherman said...

hey, at least you logged on to check your flight and figured it out BEFORE going to the airport!! can you imagine if you went to the airport early this a.m. only to find out you needed to leave and come back in 12 hours??
don't worry about it Tee. Worse things have happened. You can claim placenta brain for as long as you are pregs, then, you can claim mommy brain for the rest of your life. So you're safe. :)

Tee said...

Thanks Jake! :-)

The Sherman's said...

actually, that was me who wrote that, not jiggity jake. i was just on his computer. when i told him what you did he said, "oh GOD theresa!" ;)