Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vacations are fun!



Last weekend we went to Wisconsin Dells with the Sherman's and it was a blast! It had been almost a year since we'd seen Jake and Layla Bean and it was so good to see everyone. We stayed at the Cedar Lodge and Settlement, we had a very nice two room cabin with a full kitchen and living room. There was a loft as well with two double beds in it. It would have been perfect for the kids if they were a little older, but as it was they both got to sleep with Mom and Dad for the weekend.

We got there late Thursday night, I say late, since if you ask my husband I'm the worst navigator ever and we couldn't find the place once we got into the Dells. But we just chillaxed on Thursday night and most of Friday. Brian thought it would be fun to bring our Wii along, and man was he right! We played Wii all Friday morning and pretty much all weekend. It was a blast! April had never played before and let me tell you her enjoyment levels were off the charts! :-) I know she's going to kill me for this, but this video of her playing tennis is so funny! Sorry Apes! :-)



Then Friday afternoon we headed to Mt. Olympus indoor water park and theme park for a couple hours. Logan and Layla had a blast! At first I think they were both like, "Holy crap what is this place?" But after about 10 min they were totally into it.

Some pictures from the water park











We didn't stay at the water park for too long, a couple hours or so. Then we headed over to the indoor theme park. They had an arcade there, so we played skeet ball for a while. Logan and Layla rode on the little Merry-Go-Round in the arcade and I think it was one of Logan's favorite things to do on our vacation. The video is hilarious!





I love this picture of Layla. She wasn't even doing anything wrong either. But I'm sure we'll make up a good story of something she was doing wrong to tell her some day.



Group shot



One of Layla's favorite things to do is push her baby's around in her stroller. So she thought it was great at the water park when she got to push Logan around in his stroller.





Bath time after the water park.



Saturday morning we colored Easter eggs with the kids. April had gotten a camo Easter egg coloring kit, so we put camo stickers on the kids faces. So cute!



After coloring eggs, April and I had "Mommy time" and went shopping and out to lunch, while the Dads napped with the kids. We all met up again in the afternoon at the Wisconsin Deer Park. It's a park where you can feed the deer and other animals there. We figured the kids would get a kick out of it and they totally did! Although they weren't impressed too much with the deer....they were more excited to just be outside and walking around...and Logan was MOST excited about all the rocks! I know I've mentioned this before, but he loves picking up rocks for some reason? And he thought the deer park was the greatest thing ever because they had so many rocks! In the picture below I can just imagine him thinking, "Deer? Screw the deer look at these rocks!"


And in this picture he's probably thinking, "Sweet no ones watching me, I can sneak away and get more rocks!" :-)



More pictures from the Deer Park. Me and this llama had a special bond...we're both preggers. I like to think she's smiling at me....even though I think she was really getting ready to spit at us....





The little munchins!






After the deer park we headed out for dinner at Moose Jaw Pizza place. They gave us super cool moose hats... :-)





Oh and I can't forget...the guys bought the kids their first fishing poles on the trip as well. I think it was really more so they could fish themselves, but they did teach the kids how to fish. No success catching anything though.





A few more random shots from this weekend.



This one is so cute. The kids were giving each other high fives and kisses all weekend long. It was so cute!


Thanks Jake, April and Layla for a great weekend! We can't wait to see you guys again and definitely can't wait until next year when we can do it again! :-)

2 comments:

Shutterbug said...

Sounds like you guys had tons of fun!! April that video of you is priceless I seriously laughed so hard I had to pee. It was great. I love the picture of the little ones walking, it's so cute. Logan and his rocks...that comment you made Tee totally makes that picture even better. I couldn't stop laughing. It's perfect!

Tee said...

Thanks Shutter! I don't know where my head was last night I meant to show you the rest of the pictures too, but totally forgot! I know you'll be proud of me, I got a lot of great ones! And the one of the little munckins walking away is my favorite as well! :-)