Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Favorite Meal

Last night BMeyer was out running errands so it was just me and Logie for dinner. I wasn't really in the mood to cook, so I just whipped up some Mac & Cheese since I know it's one of Logan's favorite meals. But Wow, I didn't realize how much he really liked it nor did I realize just how much he had mastered the use of the spoon. He's at the point now where he always wants a utensil when we eat and is pretty good at the fork, but I was floored last night at how good he was with the spoon. Here's a little video of my big eater.

And yes if your wondering Logan, (we'll throw in Oscar for good measure) and I ate the whole box of Mac & Cheese ourselves. I'd say he ate at least a 1/4 of the box. The other thing I noticed watching him eat his Mac & Cheese last night is he's very resourceful...if he couldn't figure out how to pick up the rogue Mac & Cheese that fell on the table he'd just throw his face down and pick it up with his mouth...he learned to eat from watching his father. :-)




Then here's a quick video of Logan playing with Brian's hat. Logan loves hats. He'll play with his putting it on his head and taking it off again. He loves to pull it down so that he can barely see out of it and walk around the house. It's so funny, cause I'll go over and try to shift it up a little so he'll be able to see out from under it without having to look straight up and he'll get mad and pull it right back down. He's definitely all boy! And I wouldn't have it any other way!



Other news at the ranch...

Brian's done with school for the summer, but definitely not done with work. We've officially got Meyer Ranch & Property Maintenance off the ground. Brian had asked me to put together a website for the business so that he could send it out to a bunch of the teachers, as well as have something for potential clients to view some of his work. So I found http://officelive.com where you can develop a website and register a domain name for free for a year. It's a super easy site if you want to put together a website quickly. They have tons of templates and pre-made modules for you to use. Here's what I've done for the http://meyerranchpm.com (PM standing for Property Maintenance). Not the worlds best or most flashy website, but it gets the point across and that's all Brian really wanted. We're in the process of adding more photos of his previous work. As the business grows (which I'm sure it will) I'll update the site.

The other site which has just recently gotten off the ground is http://www.constructionlinks4u.com. Ben Brown has put together a site for his Tree Services and Stamped Concrete work. The site is really nice and I think the plan is to incorporate some of the work Brian does as well as others into the site. The economy is tough, and when times get tough, the tough get going! This is definitely the motto for Brian and his friends.

Brian did send the site to the teachers at school and already has 7 or 8 jobs lined up for this summer. He's so excited. I think he's really looking forward to getting out and working with his hands and doing some outside manual labor jobs again. So if you're looking for someone to give you advice on that landscaping/outdoors/home improvement project don't hesitate to ask. As Brian said, no job's too small and if he can't do it he'll find someone as quality as him that can. (OK I'm done with the advertising for my husband's business....I'm just so proud of him! And I promise you won't be disappointed with his work...have you seen the ranch?!?! Ok now I'm really done... :-) )

But before he can get really into Meyer Ranch and Property Maintenance he's going to the Milwaukee School of Engineering for two weeks. He's taking a class for Project Lead the Way that's two weeks long. He's flying down to Milwaukee on Sunday the 14th, then Logie and I are driving down on Friday the 26th of June to pick him up and spend the weekend with Jake, April and Layla. It will be a long two weeks and unfortunately he'll be away for fathers day, but the training will be good and we'll have fun the weekend we spend with the Sherman's.

The other news is Meyer Ranch is officially a Ranch now. We've got animals on the ranch. Not big smelly animals just 20 little cute pheasants. Brian and his brothers bought 30 pheasants a couple weeks ago (yes unfortunately 10 have died) to raise and then release. I believe the plan right now is to raise them for 8 - 10 weeks and then let them go. This will, of course, help the pheasant population when it comes time for hunting, but they're also planning on using the birds to train the dogs.

4 comments:

The Rymans said...

Do you remember I raised pheasants for my FFA project in high school? Each spring I got 100 chicks and raised them through fall. They are really cute when they are that little - and a bunch of mine died early on too. I've got a few tricks for when they're super small - but you might be past that stage. Anyways - good luck!

Unknown said...

Since Brian will be spending some time in Milwaukee, ask if he would be interested in going to a Brewers game. The Twins are in town June 23-25 and I can acquire some tickets.

Hope everything is going well.

Skinny

Shutterbug said...

Nothing like Mac and Cheese, it's one of kind. Wow Logan you really have mastered the whole spoon thing. Nice work little monkey. Congrats BMeyer on getting your business underway, I know you will do great! Nice work on the website Tee it looks great so far. You two simply amaze me everyday! See you soon!
Sherri

Tee said...

Skinny!!! How the hell are you!?!!? Yes Brian is definitely interested in going to one of the Twins games while he's in Milwaukee. We ran into Todd and mentioned to him that Brian would be calling you. He'll for sure give you a call soon to chat and catch up! Congrats on the wedding plans, how cool! Hope all is well with you. Talk to you soon.