Thursday, June 18, 2009

Let the time fly....

But only for two weeks! Seriously this week has flown by. Brian left for MSOE on Sunday and it's been go go go ever since. Of course it's been a fun go go go...but still tiring.

Since Brian's gone for two weeks Kim and Sherri have moved in. It's been a lot of fun just hanging out with the girls and Logie, plus it helps to have a couple extra sets of hands to help with the little monster. Tuesday night we all went to the Twins game (they won 8 - 2) and then last night I got tickets to the Twins game from work, so a bunch of co-workers and I went to the Twins game. Then this weekend is CountrySplash. It's not official if we're going for all three days yet or if we're just going tonight. We'll have to see if the free tickets come through.

As for Brian's training things are going well so far. I talked to him after a couple days of training and he said that the software is pretty cool, but he was hoping for a little more content in the curriculum they're teaching. Plus he's already ahead with the homework and stuff. Brian's so adept at things like this and learns so fast. The people around him have already identified him as someone that "gets it" and ask him tons of questions. I'm so proud of you babe! The hotel he's staying in is nice and the food is ok...other then the night they had egg rolls and chow mein. For those of you that don't know Brian hates Chinese food, especially rice. So he had to scrounge up a different dinner that night. This weekend Brian's heading to Hartford to hang out with the Sherman's I think him and Jake are heading up north to hand out in the woods or something. Not exactly sure. Then another week of training. Although he is going to the Twins Brewers game on Tuesday night. So he's sneaking in some "vacation" activities while he's away.

Things on the Ranch are going well. I haven't killed any of the pheasants yet and the garden/flowers are still alive. Actually with the rain we've had they look really good! But of course Uncle Dan has come over a couple times this week to check in on us....make sure I haven't started anything on fire or lifted anything I'm not suppose to. So that's been nice.

I got to chat with my brother Mitchell for a little bit yesterday morning. We were IMing over Skype...which I guess I could do a Tech Time with Tee about Skype, although it's been around for awhile. It's software that lets you call other computers and you can talk to people or video with people for free. You can also do skype to landlines, which is what Mitchell has. I think he pays like $12 a month and can skpye to any phone number. It works very well for him overseas because then he doesn't have to mess with calling cards or anything, he just needs an internet connection. Anyways...he's doing well. Things are pretty mellow and at times boring, but he's getting along. He received a couple packages so far and said that getting mail is the highlight of his day/week. Which of course made me feel guilty since I hadn't sent him anything yet...so I told him I'd send him something that he currently doesn't have....Sand. :-) He laughed which is what I was going for anyways. So todo #48 for this weekend...send Mitchell a care package.

Yes I'm rambling...I'm tired and have so much to do at work that I don't know where to start...so it's easier to just keep typing and not think about all the other things I have to do...

OK...I really should get started....what day is it again? Right, Thursday, OK, Ready....Set...Work!

No comments: