Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Meyer Ranch Garden

I have to post these pictures for Brian. I'm literally in shock at how much our garden has grown in the last week and a half. It's truly amazing what a little rain and some hot weather can do for your garden.

I am not ashamed to admit though that until last night I had a bit of weed miss identification syndrome...and no I'm not talking about marijuana. I was thinking the entire time, "Wow, our peas are really growing well and very bushy." Well last night Kim enlightened me by saying very casually, "The peas look good other then all the weeds in them."

Tee: "WHAT?!?! There are no weeds in the peas."

Kim: "Ah yeah hon, these are all weeds...this is the pea plant."

Tee: "CRAP!"

So after about 2.5 hours I've officially weeded the garden...and this time I actually got most of the weeds. Looking back now, it's pretty easy to tell what's a weed and what's a pea, but I still have trouble with some of the other plants. I'm sure I'll get better the longer I garden and I know Brian's probably shaking his head right now going, "I can't believe you don't know what weeds look like yet." But like I said, I'll get there...

This picture is of the clouds parting and the light shining down upon me as Kim informs me the peas are all filled with weeds...



A couple of me weeding the garden.






Here's a couple pictures of our potato plants and my little potato bug. The plants are taller then him!




And finally here's a picture of the pasture. Brian seeded it before he left for his training. It's greening up very nicely Babe.



Today I also had my 28 week prenatal appointment and my gestational diabetes test. Good news, no gestational diabetes, but I HATE taking that test. Fasting for 4 - 8 hours and then drinking that awful orange crap sucks. But it's over and things are great. Oscar's heart tones where between 143 - 149 this a.m. so that's great. This appointment marked my last appointment at Osceola Medical Center. OMC doesn't do VBAC (Vaginal Births After Cesarean) so I'm now transferring to Stillwater Medical Center. I haven't made the appointment at SMC yet, so let's hope that Oscar doesn't decide to come before I do cause then I'm not sure where we would go. Although if he comes now I'd probably have to do a C-section again so we'd probably end up at OMC. Anyways, here's a shot of Oscar...

No comments: