Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Giardia....Beaver Fever...Swine Flu...who knows...

Things are pretty much back to normal at the Meyer Ranch. The dogs are all eating again and running around causing trouble. They've all finished their antibiotics and are looking great. As for Logan, he was doing ok. Friday he had about 8 super bad poopy diapers and then mom and dad made the mistake of giving him milk before bed. He rolled over at 4:30 a.m. and threw up all over mom. (We were all three sleeping together since we were camping at the Cottor's cabin.) Logan didn't even wake up he just rolled over and went back to sleep. Mom and Dad and Kelly got up and cleaned him up, got him changed and back to bed. The next day he did better only about 5 bad diapers and mom and dad went back to the bland diet. I called the clinic this morning to get the results of the lab work and they said he tested negative for Giardia and everything looked ok. So who knows what Logan had. He only had 2 poops yesterday so I gave him some milk this morning with breakfast. We'll see how that sets with him and if he can keep it down. If he can't we're back to the drawing board and back to the Dr.

This weekend was very fun and very relaxing. I slacked on the picture taking though so I don't have too many...or any at this point to share with you. My mom and Shutter have a few so I'll work on getting them soon. Other than that, it's another 4 day work week for the Meyer's. We're off to Grand Marais this weekend for a friends wedding. Should be a good time, and I'm just hoping it doesn't rain. What are we going to do with Logie Bear if it rains? He'll go absolutely insane if he's stuck in the camper all day...and I'm sure mom and dad will too!

2 comments:

The Sherman's said...

glad the dogs are doing well and that logie is on the mend. Do you think he's lactose intolerant or something?? i PROMISE, i will be updating the blog today and will commit to updating it 1-2 times a week going forward. no excuses. you are my blogger inspiration. ;)

Tee said...

LOL, you have no idea how hard it was not to chastise you all the time for not updating the blog...but I know how busy you are and it's not easy. It's just my thing I do when I get to work in the mornings: get coffee, update the blog, then work....although don't tell my boss ;-)