Wednesday, July 1, 2009

CaringBridge: Meyer Ranch

Ok, I need to spread a little good news first...

My parents got an offer on their house! They haven't decided yet if they're going to take it or not, but it's at least good that someone made an offer. I told them they should just take it. It's not that much lower then their asking price and with the market the way it is...you just never know. So we'll see about that.

My sister moved into a new place in NY...cheaper rent so I can't blame her. And my brother Steven moved into his new place in Whitewater. As for Mitchell...seriously the kid is huge now! Check out his blog. I talked to him this morning over Skype for about a half hour. He's doing well and seems in great spirits. He still doesn't know his leave dates, which sucks, but I guess who cares as long as he gets to come home for a little bit.

Brian's family is doing well. Not too much new with them.

As for the ranch...the dogs are doing ok. We didn't feed them yesterday at all. The vet said yesterday (which I didn't know) that a dog can go a week without eating with no ill affects to their bodies. So we didn't feed them yesterday and are switching to a bland dog food. We got all new food and water dishes and Brian used this excuse to buy a brand new pressure washer to wash out their kennels. (Just kidding babe). So we'll see how they do today. As long as they all still lift their heads and wag their tails when I see them I'm not freaking out.

As for Logan...Brian said he had a slight fever yesterday and didn't really want to eat anything. He eat ok for me last night and drank his bottle just fine. He's got diarrhea though and a serious diaper rash from that. Then right before I was going to put him to bed he threw up again. No warning or nothing. He was playing with me on the chair and all of a sudden a fountain of vomit. Then as soon as he was done, he was playing again. It's strange and I read on-line this morning,

"Other, less common symptoms that can accompany roseola include cough, runny nose, stomachache, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, and swollen lymph nodes and eyelids. However, if your child has any of these symptoms with his fever, it is less likely he has roseola."

So now I'm thinking it might not be Roseola. I don't know. Brian was going to keep him home again today to watch him and possibly take him in to the Dr. as well. I just feel so bad for him and wish I knew what to do to make him feel better...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope everyone is feeling better by this weekend, so that you can enjoy the 4th! Have a good one. Love ya.

Tee said...

Thanks Kim! So do I!

Shutterbug said...

I am starting to wonder if this bad luck stuff is spreadable. 1st you guys then my friend...whose next. Hopefully no one but that's the way it seems to be going.
I am glad your parents got an offer that's great news. Yay!!