Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Reap what you sow

Isn't that the old saying, "You reap what you sow"? Well the last couple of nights the Meyer's have definitely reaped what we sowed. I picked peas for 1.5 hours on Monday night had 4 ice cream pals full of them and then spend 2 hours shucking them...only to get a bucket and a half done. Brian got home last night in time to help me shuck the rest of them, but man that was a lot of peas. Don't get me wrong I'm very excited our garden is such a success and nothings better than fresh peas from the garden...but it's time consuming. The whole family helped in picking and shucking the peas though. Monday night I would pick the peas off the vines and hand them to Logan and he would put them in the bucket for me, saying "Thank you" almost every time I'd hand him some peas. It was so cute. And if I didn't pick them fast enough he would grab some off the vine and pick them himself...he actually found a few I had missed! Then last night while Brian and I shucked the peas, we'd open a pea up and give it to Logan and he'd pick all the peas out of the pod. Of course he'd eat the peas right away, but still it was so fun to watch him concentrate on picking all the little peas out of the pod. Here's a few pictures from last night.

"MOM I LOVE PEAS!"




Before we started picking peas last night Logan was walking around the house like this.... :-)




This last video is of Logan whistling. Brian always whistles at him to get his attention if Logan is doing something he's not suppose to do if if he's not listening to us (which is of course quite often!). So the other day Brian was whistling at him (and Brian always does the "hot girl walking by" whistle) when all of a sudden Logan goes "Wooot Woooo". It's so funny to listen to him whistle. He of course wouldn't do it that much for the video, but he does do it once towards the end. I can't whistle so I just do what Logan does "Wooot Wooo". :-)

1 comment:

The Sherman's said...

ha! love it! layla does something similar when trying to immitate jake's hunting shows. she hears buck grunts, bleets, squeeks, blah blah who knows what they're called and immitates them! too funny, these kids!