Sunday, January 2, 2011

Seeing Santa

My Sister came home on Dec. 17th for my brother Mitchell's graduation from UWEC. Congrats Mitchell!! She had called me a while ago and asked if she could go with to take the boys to go see Santa. Sure I said! So Sunday was Krebsbach Christmas, so we swung in there for a bit and then headed to Rosedale to see Santa. Holy crap...the mall was totally chaotic!! I was so glad at that point that I had all my Christmas shopping done...and that I've done most of my shopping on-line for the last couple of years.

Photobucket

The boys did good standing in line...well as good as a 2 and 1 year old can do. They walked around a bit and it helped that there was this train that runs around the mall and every time it would go past Logan would stand and stare at it. I think he wanted to ride the train more than he wanted to see Santa.

Photobucket
Watching the train go by.

Photobucket
Waiting in the 'snow'

I told him if he was brave and told Santa what he wanted for Christmas that he could ride the train after. We walked right up to Santa and said, "I would like a bow and arrow for Christmas please Santa." It was so cute. He didn't want to sit on his lap but we got an adorable picture of the 4 of us with Santa. Then as we were leaving he ran back to Santa and asked him again, "I would like a bow and arrow for Christmas please Santa." I just laughed and said he heard you bud, lets go. Well it wasn't until we got home that I realized why he ran back to Santa and asked him again. He just started bawling, "Santa didn't give me my bow and arrow!" over and over. hehehe...he thought that he would get his gift right then and there. Poor kid. This Santa thing is confusing though. How do you explain to them that Santa only come on Christmas...when he makes appearances at Meyer Family Christmas and we go see him after that to tell him what we want?

Photobucket
Riding the train.

This year though he really started to understand that he got presents at Christmas time. The day after Christmas he asked me if it was Christmas Eve again. And when I was taking down the Christmas tree he was so upset because he knew that meant no more presents. He's too funny though cause he's at the stage where he doesn't really care what's in the presents, he just wants to open them. As for Cody....he just sits back and takes it all in. He didn't get too excited about the presents or really cared what was in them. He just wants to do whatever Logan is doing. And Logan's at the stage where he LOVES for Cody to do whatever he's doing. Cody always has to wear the same outfit as Logan (or at least a similar one) and Logan will yell, "Cody want to go play in my room?" or "Cody want to play with play-dough?" They don't usually end up playing 'together' but more like playing in the same room, but it's still too cute and so fun to watch!!! I'm sure it won't be long and they'll want nothing to do with each other...or they'll be fighting constantly, but for now I'll enjoy them getting along! :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: