Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thirties

Today I'm 30. What can I say...I half expected to wake up this morning to go for a run and not be able to breath past the half mile point...or find that Mother Natures birthday give to me was 8 new wrinkles in places I've never had them before...but for the most part today is a normal everyday day. Other than Brian getting up early and making me a ham, egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast and doing the laundry for me it's just a typical Tuesday.

Logan was a little confused this morning when Brian asked him, "Do you know who's birthday it is today?" He responded, "Mine!". He was a little disappointed when Brian told him no it was Mom's birthday. Although Brian mentioned something about making a cake today with April and he got excited after that. Before I left for work today it wasn't, "You're going to work to make money for me?", it was "it's your birthday?" with a confused look. This age is so fun, but also very confusing for little kids. :-)

I can't help but sing Tim McGraw's song, "My Next 30 Years" in my head all day today. My next 30 years...what will they bring. In looking back on the first 30 years I can say I don't have a single regret. Brian and I were talking the other day and saying how we might not 'have it all' meaning money or toys or other things, but we really do 'have it all'. Good friends and family, great jobs, an awesome house/ranch, two adorable and (for the most part) well-behaved kids, and each other. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing life and am grateful to have you all in it. Thank you for the birthday wishes and here's to another wonderful 30 years!!

No comments: