Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Goodbye Wisconsin, Hello Texas!

That was the text message I got from Mitchell this morning. They were just leaving, heading for wonderful Texas...where I'm sure they won't be getting 6 - 8 inches of fresh snow tomorrow, like we will here in Wisconsin. Urrgghhh, I'm so sick of winter, cold and snow!

The going away party for Mitchell went really well this weekend. Thanks to everyone that made it, I know it meant a lot to Mitchell to be able to see every one before he left. I threw together this video for Mitchell before he left. It's just a bunch of pictures of friends and family, but it's something that he can watch while he's gone and hopefully it will remind him of how many people are supporting him back home. I had to edit it from it's original version because Youtube only allows you to upload 10 min videos and it was original 12 mins long. So I shortened it only to find out Youtube wouldn't play the audio due to copyright issues. I'm trying the video uploading on blogger...we'll see if they allow it.



I do have some more pictures of Logan too I'll try to post today or tomorrow. He's not doing anything special, just his 11 month pictures I took for his baby book. Couple more weeks and he's a year old already. I know every parent says this, but wow time really flies. But you know what they say, time flies when you're having fun and we've had so much fun with Logan. He's such a happy baby and just loves life. I can already tell he's going to be a people person. The other morning at church, I put him down after taking off his jacket and he walks right up to this group of people and this one guy in particular and wants him to pick him up. Brian and I knew him through the church and other things, but Logan had never seen him before. He didn't fuss at all, just hung out with the guy for a couple mins, loving being the center of attention. Everyone got a big laugh out of it. As you can tell he's not afraid of strangers...which is a good thing and a bad thing...I'll have to keep a close eye on him when we're in the mall! :-)

1 comment:

The Sherman's said...

oh my god. i'd be lying if i said i finished the video. i'm a complete blubbering idiot right now and am in my basement balling my eyes out. brings back more memories than i can handle, that's for sure. but so great to see the awesome show of good memories with mitchell. nice job big sis!
i have to go blow my nose and splash my face with ice water or something. ugh.