Friday, June 13, 2008

Antsy Pants

At the Meyer Ranch we're very bad at getting the mail. Our track record is to get the mail about once a week, mainly because we live on a hill so we can't just drive up to the mailbox and get the mail. You need to pull into the driveway, get out of the car, walk to the mailbox, get back into the car and than drive into the garage. So if it's raining or even night time, I usually skip getting the mail.
So the other day I finally stopped to get the mail. There was a ton of mail in the mailbox because we hadn't gotten the mail in over a week. So when I got back into my car to drive into the garage I just threw the mail on my lap. I was just about to put the car into drive when I looked down and in horror realized that my entire lap was covered in ants. The was a swarm of ants all over our mail. The jumped out of the car and threw the mail on the ground and immediately began brushing ants off of my pants and arms. They were every where! All over the seat in my car and all over me. And there so fast they just spread like wild fire. So I walked the mail to the garage and then went back, got into my car and then drove into the garage. After that I had to shake out every piece of mail to get the ants off of it before I brought it into the house. Once I got inside Brian's like what the heck took you so long in the garage? So I filled him in on the family of ants living in our mailbox. We really need to do a better job of getting the mail...

Later that night, I was sitting in the chair and all of a sudden I felt this thing moving around in my pants...I still had ants in my pants!! I had to go take a shower...it was so gross!

No comments: