Monday, October 6, 2008

Stuffed Duck

No I'm not talking about a new duck that Brian wants to get mounted...I would like to describe to you our dinner last night. Brian went duck hunting yesterday morning and came back with his limit of duck. So for dinner last night, he (yes Brian did this!) chopped up green peppers, onions and mushrooms, stuffed all of that goodness into the duck breasts and then wrapped the duck breasts in bacon. Then he slow cooked them on the grill. I can't even begin to describe how delicious they were. At one point during the meal I asked him if he was going to charge me $64.00 just for the dinner, it was fancy restaurant good! If you're wondering what my contribution to the meal was....instant mash potatoes....That's right I am the next Rachel Ray!!

This weekend was fun. My friend April came in on Friday. We went to dinner with my family for my mom's birthday and then went out with the girls after that. We ended up at a bar in Somerset that on a good day probably has 15 people. But they had Karaoke and I really wanted to sing that night. For those of you that don't know I love to sing Karaoke...now this in no way means I'm good at it...I just love to do it! My sister-in-law Debbie, now there's a girl that can sing...me not so much! But it was a blast! Shutterbug was of course in charge of pictures as always, but at the end of the night her camera died so the pictures on the blog are the ones I took from the end of the night. Not very good ones, so I'll try to get some from Shutter sometime this week. The rest of the weekend was just relaxing and recovering. Saturday April and I went to lunch and Target (had to get Logan some more formula) and then watched a movie. Then Sunday I drove her back to the airport. Thanks for coming April! It was great to see you and nice to be able to catch up.

I'm very excited! My other sister-in-law Carey started a website! I'm so excited I'll be able to look at pictures of my cute nieces any time I want now. YEAH!

Ok, time to start my Monday....

No comments: