Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Twinsfest 2010

This past weekend was Twinsfest 2010. I went on Friday night with Kim and Keri because we wanted to get Justin Morneau's autograph. We waited in line outside (in the freezing cold) for about an hour before the doors opened. There were so many people in line that it took us another 20 mins to get inside even after the doors opened. Joe Mauer was signing autographs first so there was a ton of people in line for his. Once we got inside we waited for an hour and a half for Justin's autograph. The time went by really fast so it wasn't bad. This is the conversation Justin and I had during the signing...

Tee [handing him his picture to sign]: Hi, how are you?

Justin: Good. Did you make that? [pointing at my shirt]

Tee: [Looking down at my shirt] No? (Then I got kind of flustered and looked back at Kim who was behind me).

Justin: Oh, I've just never seen one like that before. Where'd you get it?

Tee: [Still flustered] Aaahhh.... (Then I very cooly start pointing into space randomly...luckily Kim saved me...)

Kim: The pro-shop.

Justin: Oh I see.

Tee: Nope I made it myself...just for you...

Justin laughs

Tee walks away completely embarrassed and flustered.

It was so funny...the nervous star factor totally set in and I just didn't know what to say.

Anyway, here are a few pictures. The rest of the night was fun and uneventful compared to the Justin signing...although we did look at each other all night and go, "Did you make that?". :-)

Me and Bert Blyleven


Jason Kubel, Pat Neshek, Glen Perkins, Delmon Young


Kim and I


Keri and I


Justin


I've got posts scheduled for every day this week...keep checking back! :-)

1 comment:

April said...

Too funny Tee!!! I would've done the same thing. I love that you pointed into space when he asked you that question. Maybe if you were looking at his eyes when he pointed at your shirt and not his mouth you would've known what he was talking about (remember the conversation we had in Chi-town about where we look when people are talking to us?)! ;)