Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

So I'm sensing a theme here where I post the holiday cheers about a week after the actual holiday...what can I say it's been busy around here.

Thanksgiving was great, very relaxing. We really missed my sister Christie and brother Mitchell, and wished they could have been with us, but know it's only a couple more weeks for both of them and they'll be home. Christie is coming home Dec. 18th for a week and as far as I know right now Mitchell is scheduled to be in the states Jan. 11 or Jan. 16 time frame...of course it's the army and that could all change on a whim, but we're keeping our fingers crossed for the best!

We went to my Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving, like we've done for the last 3 years or so. The boys watched the football game and the girls cooked...I'm guessing that's pretty much the same story across all of America on Thanksgiving day...but hey why mess with tradition right? Here are a few pictures from the day.

Uncle Steven and Cody


Grandma and Cody


Logan made this cute Turkey hat at daycare. It's so cute!


Logan shared his Turkey feathers with Cody. Cody's first Thanksgiving!


Mom and the boys


:-)


Then Friday we did venture out to the stores. We did NOT get up at 4 am or anything crazy like that. We left my house at about 9 and the stores were still of course crazy busy at that time. I did get some good deals though and about half of my Christmas shopping done. The other half I did on-line...the thought of going to another store is scary. I've only got about three people to buy for yet and then I'm done. I'm so ahead of the game this year. It's early December and I'm almost done Christmas shopping, I've got all our Christmas cards filled out, addressed and everything, and this weekend we're making Christmas cookies! I have no idea what's going on, but I'm actually organized! :-)

Have a great week!

No comments: