Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Soldier's Christmas Poem

I know I posted this last year, but it's just so powerful and means so much. We truly owe so much to the soldiers fighting for our freedom. I got a forward from my Mom today and it had this at the bottom of it, "A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"

There's no way we can ever thank the American soldiers enough for the sacrifices they've made or the things they do for our country. All we can do is support them and pray each and every day for them to fight with courage and that they'll all be home safely soon!

To Mitchell: I love you so much and will miss you so much this Holiday season. There's not an ounce of me that doesn't wish and pray everyday that you could be home with us right now. Only a couple more weeks, I know! Thank you so much for doing what you do! Stay safe and we'll see you in a couple weeks!


2 comments:

Shutterbug said...

I second that. Thanks Tee!! Hitchell I love you so much and will miss you as well over the Holidays. Praying daily for your safe return home. Thanks for all you have done and will do in the future. Love you Sherri

Unknown said...

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it and just the stuff you said in that little paragraph was enough to make my day..week..and month!! I can't wait to be home and very have to miss my Bday, Xmas, Anniver., and the birth of a nephew. Lov you all!! Merry early XMAS!