Tuesday, March 25, 2008

42 Weeks

One thing I forgot to post yesterday was that when the nurses did the gestational test on Logan after he was born, they determined he was actually 42 weeks. The nurse said he was "over cooked" I think they determine this based on the length of their fingernails and how wrinkly their hands and feet are but I'm not exactly sure. There's really no point to this other than, the entire time I thought I was farther along then the dr said I was and can you imagine how little he would have been if he was born two weeks earlier? I really grew a lot in the last two weeks and I can't imagine him coming two weeks earlier. So again, really no point...

Today was a big day for us. We headed out of the house about 11:30 and went to Lowes and finally purchased the rest of our tile for the bathroom! YIPPEEEE!!! We have the tile! Yeah we had to drop a bunch of money on it, but we finally have it! Then we headed to Home Depot and ordered blinds for the house. We really need them in the living room and dinning room and figured while we were at it we'd just order them for the rest of the house too. So there's another bunch of money on blinds, but I'm really glad that's over and we've ordered them. Two weeks and they'll be in and ready for Brian to install. Logan did GREAT during our little outing! He literally slept the entire time...well except when daddy changed him and when mommy fed him, but other than that it was lights out. The lady's at Home Depot made me sit in an office chair and roll around the window treatment area. They couldn't believe I was up and about after having a c-section. It was funny cause the one lady actually hollered at me and scolded me when I got up from the chair to go look at something. She said, "That's why I gave you the one with wheels, now sit down and wheel over there." When we got home mom was pretty whipped out and took a nap, but I feel good now. And as for Logan...well he's still sleeping...it's his favorite thing to do these days...

Tomorrow Logan is one week old...I just can't believe it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just crazy. He would have been really tiny, but still very cute! I'm glad you finally got the rest of the tile, I can't wait to see the bathroom once it's finished. that's hilarious that you were riding around the store in a chair, I can just picture it!!
Love you all,
Sherri

The Sherman's said...

Ummm... I didn't even have a c-section and there's no way in hell I'd have but up n' at 'em like you were only a week after having Layla. I could barely walk, and was basicaly in a coma from lack of sleep. I'm SO happy to hear that Logan is SLEEPING! That's something Layla DID NOT do for the first 8 weeks of her life... Must be a boy thing... they're more relaxed and less dramatic. We better have a boy next... or we're gonna keep tryin' until we do. Based on our family history, we'll end up with 9 kids before we have a boy.

Grandpart said...

Congratulations! I just got the word. It's fun to see the pictures. We wish you all well.

- Art and Joanne