Monday, March 3, 2008

The quest for a nursing bra

I know I already posted today, but I just need to vent about my quest for a nursing bra...

I wish someone would have told me how difficult it was going to be to find a nursing bra. My quest started at Target when Brian and I registered for gifts. They had a wide selection of nursing bras so I registered for one in my size. (I know not something people usually give at showers, but it was something I needed and we didn't have much on our registry so I thought "why not?"). Well I did not receive a nursing bra for my shower and now I know why. I went back to Target to get one and they didn't have any in my size (or even remotely close to my size). So a friend recommended Wal-Mart, saying they had a better selection then Target. So I go to the Wal-Mart near my house and they've stopped carrying nursing bras all together. The lady at Wal-Mart said the only place to find them near here was Herbergers. Ouch...I could just about imagine how expensive those nursing bras would be only to get completely soaked with milk and stained a gross yellow color. So I remembered another friend commended Babies-R-Us. So today on lunch I ran to babies-r-us to see if they had anything. Of course they don't sell them either, but the lady there said to try Motherhood Maternity across the street. Of course! How stupid am I? Of course Motherhood Maternity would have nursing bras. So I ran across the street feeling the first glimmer of hope that I would in fact be able to find a nursing bra. I walk into the Motherhood Maternity store and ask where their nursing bras are and the lady points me to half a wall filled with nursing bras! I figure my quest is finally over...wrong again. The lady offers to measure me to make sure I get the correct size, and we find out that they don't carry the size that I need. For the love of....Then she offers to order the correct size from the manufacturer on-line for me and have it shipped to my house. Turns out she can't do that either. (Don't ask me why.) So she gives me the website of the manufacturer and the product number so that I can go to their website directly and order it myself. I did manage to finally order two nursing bras from the manufacturer and have them shipped to my house, so my quest for a nursing bra has come to an end....who knew it would be this difficult? Now I just hope that Cletus and I will be able to nurse or this quest for the nursing bra will all be for not.

1 comment:

The Sherman's said...

geeze dude! seriously? babies r us didn't have any? what the? they have them at the babies r us in brookfield - not that that helps you, but i wonder why the one by you doesn't carry them. i should've remembered motherhood carried them! sorry! although, doesn't sound like it would've helped even if i would've remembered. glad you got that all taken care of. what a nightmare!